Empower Information Systems Security Release:
If You Have One Of These Routers, It May Be Too Late
Hackers infect 500,000 consumer routers all
over the world with malware
Hackers possibly working for an advanced nation have infected more than 500,000 home and small-office routers around the world with malware that can be used to collect communications, launch attacks on others, and permanently destroy the devices with a single command, researchers at Cisco warned Wednesday.
VPNFilter—as the modular, multi-stage malware has been dubbed—works on consumer-grade routers made by Linksys, MikroTik, Netgear, TP-Link, and on network-attached storage devices from QNAP. It’s one of the few pieces of Internet-of-things malware that can survive a reboot. Infections in at least 54 countries have been slowly building since at least 2016, and Cisco researchers have been monitoring them for several months. The attacks drastically ramped up during the past three weeks, including two major assaults on devices located in Ukraine. The spike, combined with the advanced capabilities of the malware, prompted Cisco to release Wednesday’s report before the research is completed. For more information, please visit: https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2018/05/hackers-infect-500000-consumer-routers-all-over-the-world-with-malware/
What Do You Need To Do???
Upgrade your router to a Business-grade Firewall with Security Services.
Empower Firewall-as-a-Service provides your network with comprehensive security at a small business price. To learn more and get a free quote, contact Peter Johns today.
Stop viruses, spyware, worms, Trojans, key loggers, and more before they enter your network, with all-in-one, comprehensive network protection. Empower provides you with the same level of network security that NASA demands and protects your network from a wide range of emerging threats.
Block threats before they enter your network
Entry points into your network may now include employees’ laptops, desktops, and smartphones. Secure your network and data against sophisticated, modern-day threats with comprehensive protection that includes intrusion prevention, gateway anti-virus, anti-spyware, content/url filtering, enforced client anti-virus, and anti-spam services.
Protect your network with comprehensive security at a small business price
- Block viruses, Trojans, worms, rootkits and polymorphic “zero-day” malware at the gateway, before they reach your network
- Prevent “drive-by downloads” from infected websites
- Mitigate denial-of-service and flooding attacks
- Detect protocol anomalies and buffer overflow attacks
- Stop network traffic from geographical regions and IP addresses associated with cybercriminals
- Block outbound cybercriminals botnet “command and control” traffic from stealing your customer lists, engineering designs, trade secrets, and other confidential information
- Control access to websites containing unproductive and inappropriate content
- Ensure high-priority applications (CRM, order processing) receive more bandwidth than less urgent applications (chat, video streaming)